As a homeowner, you want to be able to save where you can. One of the best ways to do this is by investing in an energy efficient roof. An energy efficient roof is a roofing system that blocks UV rays, which in turn decreases cooling and heating bills. Having an energy efficient roof can save you money in the long run, so more and more people want to know what the most energy efficient roof is. There is a variety of energy efficient roofs to choose from, with a variety of them discussed below.
What Type of Roof Is Most Energy Efficient?
While having the most energy efficient roof is important, it’s also important to consider the cost, durability, as well as the aesthetic. Here are some of the most energy efficient roofs for residential properties.
- Asphalt Shingle Roofing: Asphalt shingles have been popular for a long time, as they are one of the most affordable roofing materials. They come in a wide range of colors and styles and they are very easy to maintain. The downfall to this energy efficient roof is that they aren’t the most sturdy material.
- Shake Shingle Roof: One of the most beautiful residential roof materials are shake shingles. Not only are the beautiful, but they are energy efficient, also. The biggest downside to shake is that it is susceptible to wood rot, mold, and can catch on fire easily.
- Metal Roofing: Metal roofing continues to be a popular residential roof choice because of how durable and long-lasting it is. You can either get panels or tiles and get it in a variety of colors. Unfortunately, it does have its downsides, such as expanding and contracting when the temps change.
- Tile Roofing: Tile roofs have been around for centuries, so you know you are getting an energy efficient roof that will last. While it’s long-lasting, the type of material used can have an effect on its durability.
- Slate Roofing: This is also another type of roof that has been around for ages and is incredibly beautiful. The biggest thing that people have against slate roofing is that it is very heavy; the weight of the roof can mess with the structural integrity of a home.
If you are looking for an electric heating system repair or an energy efficient roof, it’s important to call a professional for help. Want a more energy efficient roof in Glastonbury and Hartford, CT, call Alliance Roofing at 860-633-7243!