Updating Property With Energy Efficient Roofing
Regardless of the season, no homeowner wants to open an electric bill. Too often, they feel incredibly steep, as if you’re paying double what you really should be. In all honesty, you may very well be paying double! Several things may be contributing to this overpaying and one of them you may not be considering. Your roof is one of the first lines of defense against the elements as well as assisting with temperature regulation. When it’s poorly installed or aging, that assistance can be reduced significantly. One way to deal with that is with an energy-efficient or cool roof. For more information about cool roofing in Glastonbury and Hartford, CT, connect with Alliance Roofing. We’re available now at 860-633-7243.
What is Cool Roofing?
The more important question may be, what does cool roofing mean? Cool roofing, or energy-efficient roofing, is meant to describe a system that offers a high-solar reflection to help reduce heat absorption and transmission. This system can be applied to residential or commercial properties, there is really no limit. But what is cool roofing? There are several types of cool roofing out there to choose from.
- Cool roofing shingles
- Single-ply membranes
- Tile roofing
- And more!
Many want to know if an energy-efficient roof is really worth it. The initial costs are actually about the same when compared with typical asphalt shingles. Cool roof shingles will likely run you about $2-$3 per square foot, which is about $1 more than an asphalt shingle. Where the real difference in cost comes into play is with the savings. With a cool roof, you are more likely to experience significant energy bill savings than you would with a regular shingle roof. Because energy-efficient roofing is designed for just that, energy efficiency, your electric, and energy bills will be substantially lowered. To learn more about cool roofing for your property, give Alliance Roofing a call today.
Benefits of Cool Roofing Systems
So, what are the benefits of a cool roof? It honestly doesn’t matter which type of cool roofing system you get, because you’ll experience just about the same advantages across the board. Whether you’re getting a cool roof as part of a flat roof repair or not, there are a variety of advantages to this roofing structure.
- Energy efficiency: One of the main reasons homeowners choose a cool roof is for energy efficiency. Since light and heat are reflected, your HVAC system will be able to operate more efficiently. In turn, your energy bills will be significantly lower.
- Comfort: And since your HVAC system runs more efficiently, you’ll experience a greater level of comfort throughout the house. Your system won’t have to work as hard to cool some areas while heating others.
- Longevity: With less heat and light damage, there is a greater chance of your roof lasting longer. More than that, it will likely function better for longer since the majority of the material won’t break down under the extreme light and heat.
- Carbon Footprint: An energy-efficient roof has a bigger impact than on just your home. It can help reduce local air temperatures, lower peak electricity demands, and even help to reduce power plant emissions. All of which contribute to a healthier home and community.
Cooling roofing can come in a variety of forms, as mentioned. Rely on Alliance Roofing for all your roofing needs. It doesn’t matter if you need traditional Asphalt shingle roof repair or an energy-efficient roof installation, we are the team for you. Connect with us today to learn about our services and the amazing benefits you can experience with a cool roof.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a cool roof for residential?
- A cool roof is a system that offers a high solar reflection to better help reduce the amount of heat absorbed and transmitted into space. For residential properties, this can be achieved through cool roofing structures such as metal, copper, and even cool roof shingles.
- How much does a cool roof cost?
- The cost will depend on what you use for cool roofing and how big your roof is. For commercial properties, cool roofing is often a single-ply membrane, which can cost a few dollars per square foot. Whereas a roof of cool roofing shingles may run you into the thousands for a completed installation.
- Are cool roof shingles worth it?
- Homeowners in sunnier areas may find that cool roofing shingles are much more of a sound investment than others. Based on the overall savings experienced long term, they have shown to be worth the higher initial cost.
- Do cool roofs work?
- Yes, they do! Cooling roofing systems have shown to reduce the amount of heat in a space as well as reduce your energy bills. Because they reflect light and heat, your HVAC system won’t have to work as hard to regulate temperatures, thus, significantly cutting your bills.
Want to Know More? Connect With Our Team Today!
For cool roofing in Glastonbury and Hartford, CT, look no further than Alliance Roofing. Dial 860-633-7243 to get started today.